• Responsible for greeting and meeting all customers promptly and politely as they enter the store.
• Provide customer satisfaction by delivering exceptional customer service.
• Guide customers throughout the store or to specific areas the customer requests.
• Develop a clear understanding of all departments, products, make, and features and after sales service
• Effectively deal with customer queries and complaints.
• Follow procedures for dealing with specific customer orders.
• Ensure confidentiality with respect to Al Boom Marine retail/store sales.
• Ensure store targets are met through excellent customer service.
• Perform store opening and closing procedures at times and as directed by the store management.
• Maintain a detailed knowledge of the merchandise/products stocked in the store
• Ensure that technical detail of products are explained to customers
• Ensure promotions and fast-selling lines are featured in the store.
• Provide information about customers (likes, dislikes and opinions to the line manager.
• Ensure effective stock replenishment to the store and continuous stock availability, ongoing recovery & maintenance in the store.
Shop Keeping and Store Standards
• Maximize and contribute to sales within the store through exceptional customer service and retail experience
• Ensure all stock is laid out and displayed according to standard layout (product placement, folded arranged in order from smallest to largest, hanged items must be steamed, brand wise, size-wise).
• Ensure that the shelves, counters and shop floor area is cleaned
• Ensure all product are price tagged, price is covered and bar-coded before displayed.
• Ensure correct ratio of stock on shelves and assist in accurate stock counts as per store requirements.
• Ensure all stock administration (stock counts, STS, dispatch and delivers) are recorded on the system in time.
• Ensure security measures at all times in the store to prevent theft and understand the procedures for handling shoplifters.
• Undertaking the responsibilities of a cashier and completing sales on the POS system
• 1-2 years of retail experience in a customer service / sales role
• An understanding and passion for bikes and associated products/accessories
• Basic bike fitting skills are not mandatory; however, will be beneficial
• Contribution to team success
• Customer focus
• Sales ability/persuasiveness
• Patience and the ability to work/serve customers under pressure
Al Boom Marine is a leading lifestyle retail and distribution company that operates in the GCC and MENA regions, with more than 25 brands and over 60 retail through concept and own multibrand stores, as well as more than 300 active wholesale accounts. Concepts and brands diverse from lifestyle, leisure and watersports to tech and accessories.
Established in 1987, Al Boom Marine is successfully growing geographically and commercially, working continuously on entertaining its clients within the categories it caters for, mostly related to people's leisure time.
Al Boom Marine started as a distribution company selling eyewear, apparel, footwear, equipment and accessories of its popular watersports, surf and lifestyle brands across the GCC to major sports and optical accounts. Acquiring the distribution rights of GoPro in the region, our client base now includes top electronic retail chains across the region.
The retail division is entertaining our customers through our own multi-brand stores (Beyond The Beach) and concept stores of Oakley, Rip Curl, Tommy Bahama, New Era, Seafolly and Animal. Our retail chain varies from mall stores to street and hotel concepts.