Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are currently working on the construction supervision services for FIFA 2022 Stadiums projects across Qatar, and we are recruiting a Mechanical Inspector to be part of our team in Lusail Stadium and help us deliver to the client's expectations.
A typical week would include:
• Complete the tasks assigned for inspection by the Mechanical Engineer
• Attend inspections via Work Inspection Requests and provide accurate inspection comments
• Provide inspection comments and submit to Mechanical Engineer for verification
• Assure inspections are carried out as per schedule and procedure
• Report to the Mechanical Engineer any non-conformance observed during inspections
• Advice on any Mechanical work problems, issues, and deficiencies identified to the Mechanical Engineer in a timely manner
• Maintain Daily Works Records in an agreed format. Submit the Daily Work Records to Mechanical Engineer on a daily basis
• Assist Senior Mechanical and Mechanical Engineers in the preparation of the monthly Project Status Report
• Perform Snagging Procedures in accordance with Mechanical Engineer’s instructions
• Provide to Mechanical Engineer the status of snagging and re-snagging of the Mechanical works as per site condition
• Provide status to Mechanical Engineer regarding completion of outstanding Mechanical Works by the Contractor when required.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University
• Minimum 7 years of relevant experience
• Minimum 1-year relevant experience in the Gulf region.
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends, or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time, or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first-class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture that respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognize the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.